All the Askari Housing Societies across Pakistan are getting quadplay services through Arbtel, we have learned from sources close to these matters. Arbtel seems to be a new internet and telephony provider with no previous record inside or outside Pakistan. Furthermore, Arbtel services will be exclusive to all Askari Colonies across Pakistan.
Army Housing Directorate, GHQ has signed an agreement with a company named Ertibatat Private Limited who will be launching the services under the Arbtel brand name. Ertibatat also has little to no publicly available information on the internet however according to what we have learned so far is that it was incorporated in Pakistan in 2004 and it has a couple of board members common with Askari Bank.
Arbtel has a website up and running which provides very little information. Even their domain name (www.arbtel.pk) was registered only about 2 months ago. It is owned by a Dubai-based marketing and branding company ‘Eikon7‘ who also seems to have handled social media marketing and activation of Pakistan Army focused movie ‘Operation 21’.
Arbtel will be deploying their own fiber optic infrastructure with independent equipment exclusively for Askari Colonies. It will be offering competitive rates to residents along with some completely new services.
- High quality internet services with speeds ranging from 1 MB to 10 MB will be provided to all residents with competitive tariff plans.
- Free WiFi hotspots will be available on commercial areas, parks, jogging tracks and kids playing area to all residents. This service will be provided on demand with a nominal one time fee.
- WiFi routers and extenders will be provided to residents for in-house usage for one time payment for the cost of the equipment.
- Digital channels will be provided as standard.
- Set Top Boxes will also be provided for additional channels in high quality.
- Personalized voice telephone service with national and international direct dialing on competitive tariff plan.
- Same lines will be used for free intercom services to all the residents of Askari Colonies across Pakistan.
- On demand video calling services for all the residents of Askari Colonies.
- All entry and exit points of all Askari Colonies will be recorded 24/7. The system will be able to hold the recording for up to 15 days. Exclusive monitoring arrangements can also be made on chargeable basis.
- Exclusive home security systems will also be offered to residents on one time payment for the cost of equipment which including a DVR along with several number of cameras depending on the package availed. Feed for these cameras will be accessible via internet. This system will also be able to hold recording for up to 15 days.
All in all, Arbtel will be providing some very good services to residents of Askari Colonies. The company has also been declared as ‘official IT service providers’ in all Askari Colonies. In addition to providing the services, Arbtel will ensure that beauty of parks and polls are not damaged during deployment of infrastructure.