CES 2014: Corsair jumped into the computer chassis market only a few years ago with the Obsidian series and it blew everyone away. They launched several new series after that but Obsidian series is still their top of the line range with high-end chassis. Corsair has just made another addition to this esteemed series. This time its a mini-ITX chassis called Obsidian 250D and as Corsair tells us; its a mini-ITX case without any compromise. It inherits the sophisticated and minimalist design from the bigger Obsidian chassis and brings it to the mini-ITX platform. Furthermore, it is made up to premium materials like brushed aluminium and solid steel.
“Thanks to the increasingly high performance of Mini-ITX boards, it is now possible to build an extremely powerful yet compact system,” said Xavier Lauwaert, Director of Product Marketing at Corsair. “The Obsidian 250D is made for users who want a smaller PC but don’t want to limit their hardware choices. With support for large liquid coolers, full-length graphics cards and full-size modular power supplies, 250D is Mini-ITX without compromise.”
The Obsidian 250D can house all the mini-ITX motherboards with high-end components like any modern day power supply or longest of the graphics cards. It also comes with up to four 2.5-inch bays and a 3.5-inch bay as-well. In terms of cooling capabilities, it comes with two high air flow fans pre-installed. Furthermore, it is also compatible with up to a single 240mm water cooling radiator on side along with 120/140mm on front. There is a window on top to peek on all the beautiful hardware inside.
Corsair Obsidian 250D Specifications
- Expansion Room
- Two expansion slots and 290mm of internal clearance allow the use of any current stock graphics card.
- Supports all modern ATX power supplies, with 200mm of PSU clearance
- Two tool-free 3.5”/2.5” combo bays
- Two tool-free 2.5” only bays
- Full-size 5.25” drive bay
- Two front mounted USB 3.0 ports for easy peripheral or external storage device connection.
- Cooling Flexibility
- Two high-airflow fans are included (1x AF140L and one 1x AF120L) for excellent airflow and low noise levels.
- Room for up to 5 fans
- Radiator compatibility:
- Front – 120mm or 140mm
- Side – 120mm/240mm
- Storage Layout Options
- Modular toolless drive caddies can be accessed from the rear of the case.
- A pair of 3.5”/2.5” drives and two 2.5” only drives can be simultaneously mounted.
- Full-size 5.25” optical drive bay.
- Builder Friendly Features
- Thumbscrew side panel removal and expansion slots.
- Tool-free 3.5”, 2.5”, and 5.25” drive bays.
- Easily accessible (and removable) front, side, and PSU dust filters.
- Excellent cable routing with multiple tie-down points for improved airflow and cleaner, neater builds.
- Two USB 3.0 ports and headphone/mic jacks in the front panel for easy access.
- Dimensions and Weight
- Height x Width x Depth
- 11.4 x 10.9 x 13.81 inches
- 290mm x 277mm x 351.2mm
- Height x Width x Depth
- 4.42 kg
- 9.7 lbs
Pricing, Availability, and Warranty:
Corsair Obsidian 250D will hit shelves later this month for $90 in US. And it’ll come with 2 years of warranty backed by Corsair.
Corsair Obsidian 250D Gallery: