Depending on where you are in the world, Apple will be launching the iPhone 7 tomorrow. Past few months have been full of rumors related to the next iPhone and pretty much everything has leaked. However, a noted Apple analyst Ming-chi Kuo from KGI Securities has not only confirmed previous rumors but also revealed some new information.
Here is what we will probably see on Wednesday, according to Ming-chi Kuo:
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will be released in five color options. The previous silver, gold and rose gold will remain as they are but the space grey will be replaced by a space black option which will be darker than the current color. In addition to that, there will be an all new ‘piano black’ color which will have glossy finish. This new color might be limited to higher end models in start due to limited supply.
- iPhone 7 Plus will have 3GB of RAM and the iPhone 7 will probably stay at 2GB.
- The dual lens camera system which will debut with iPhone 7 Plus will have one wide angle lens and one telephoto lens with both having 12 megapixel sensors. They will offer optical zoom-like functionality as well as “light field camera applications” where you will be able to refocus pictures after taking them.
- 16GB model will finally be dropped. 32GB will be made the base model with higher capacities coming in at 128GB and 256GB.
- The headphone jack will obviously be removed and the freed space will be taken up by sensors to improve 3D Touch. Apple will include EarPods with Lightning connector in the box along with a 3.5-mm to Lighting adapter for use with regular 3.5-inch headphones.
- New phones will feature A10 processor which will be clocked around 2.4 GHz and will be made by TSMC. The extra CPU power will help in the new features incorporated through dual lens camera system.
- Displays of the new iPhones will have wide color gamut like 9.7-inch iPad Pro. However, the true tone technology might not be present.
- The flashes in the new iPhones will have four LEDs; two warm and two cool.
- The earpiece receiver will also act as a second speaker when used in landscape mode to give stereo sound.
- The phones will be IPX7 certified like Apple Watch however the company might not advertise this feature.
That’s probably all about iPhone 7 which will put it apart from the iPhone 6s.