Kingston, the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of the DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 Generation 3 USB 3.0 Flash drive. DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 is redesigned with a sleek and slim new case and features fast transfer speeds for moving high resolution images, music libraries and HD video files.
Kingston’s DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 is ideal for consumers, IT professionals and enthusiasts who want to take advantage of all the performance improvements offered by USB 3.0 technology. DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 features read speeds up to 150MB/s and write speeds up to 70MB/s. When plugged into a USB 2.0 port, the drive has read speeds up to 30MB/s and write speeds up to 20MB/s. It is available in 32GB and 64GB capacities.
The fusion/combination of form, function and style makes DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 a standout over ordinary USB Flash drives. The drive takes its design inspiration from DataTraveler HyperX Predator 3.0, the world’s largest-capacity USB 3.0 Flash drive. Made of an attractive solid metal matte finish case, DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 features a convenient retractable design that protects the USB from damage while carrying it on a key chain, purse or briefcase.
“USB 3.0 is becoming more mainstream as it is standard on most motherboards and PCs shipping today,” said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. “We are working hard to make sure we improve the speed and design of our USB 3.0 Flash drives to stay competitive as demand grows in the market. DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 is a perfect example of this evolution.”
DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 is backed by a five-year warranty, free live technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
Kingston is celebrating 25 years in the memory industry. The company was founded on October 17, 1987, and has grown to become the largest third-party memory manufacturer in the world. The 25th anniversary video can be found here as well as more information including a timeline of Kingston’s history. In addition, HyperX memory is celebrating its 10th anniversary. The first HyperX high-performance memory module was released in November 2002.
Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 Features and Specifications:
- Capacities: 32GB, 64GB
- USB 3.0 up to 150MB/s Read, 70MB/s Write
- USB 2.0 up to 30MB/s Read, 20MB/s Write
- USB 3.0 Performance: Dramatic time savings when transferring large media files; 8x faster than a standard USB 2.0
- Durable Design: Solid metal sliding casing with no cap to lose
- Backwards Compatibility: Usable with USB 2.0 systems with excellent performance throughout
- Guaranteed:Five-year warranty and free technical support
- Without key ring: 2.6929″ x 0.8961″ x 0.4567″ (68.40mm x 22.76mm x 11.6mm)
- With key ring: 3.3622″ x 0.8961″ x 0.4567″ (85.40mm x 22.76mm x 11.6mm)
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)