Yesterday we covered a leak regarding the impending release of the LG G3 Mini. In that post we mentioned that the phone would either be called the G3 Mini, or the G3 S. LG is out to prove everyone wrong. The phone has been officially announced moments ago, and it’s not called either of those two names. In fact, it is the LG G3 Beat, the mini version of the recently announced LG G3. Does the LG G3 Beat deserve the G3 moniker? Lets take a look at what the phone has to offer.
Design wise the LG G3 Beat is nigh on identical to its elder sibling. Except for the size, you’d be hard pressed to notice a difference here. The bezels are extremely thin here as well. In fact LG claims the screen-to-body ratio of 74.1% is the highest in this price range. LG has done well to keep the features that made the G3 stand out in the G3 Beat. You get the same laser autofocus, which allows the camera to focus much faster under low light situations. Other features of the phone include the following
- Touch & Shoot lets users simply touch anywhere on the display to focus and shoot, reducing a two-step process to just one.
- Gesture Shot allows you to simply clench your hand in front of the screen to automatically begin a three-second countdown before the picture is snapped.
- Smart Keyboard learns how you type for faster input with fewer mistakes, reducing errors by up to 75 percent.
- QuickMemo+ lets you jot, sketch, take notes and be as creative and inspired as you want to be.
The specs of the LG G3 Beat are as follows.
- Chipset: Qualcomm®Snapdragon™ 400 processor 1.2 GHz Quad-Core
- Display: 5.0-inch HD IPS (1280 x 720, 294ppi)
- Memory: 8GB / 1GB RAM / MicroSD slot
- Camera: Rear 8MP with Laser Auto Focus / Front 1.3MP
- Battery: 2,540mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Size: 137.7 x 69.6 x 10.3mm
- Weight: 134 g
- Network: 4G LTE / HSPA+ 21Mbps (3G)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS/Glonass, NFC, USB 2.0
- Colors: Metallic Black, Silk White, Shine Gold
- Other:Touch & Shoot, Smart Keyboard, QuickMemo+, Gesture Shot
LG G3 Beat will make its debut in South Korea on July 18. Global rollout starting from Europe will commence in the weeks after. Information on price is not yet available.