Razer is putting on its own show at Gamescom 2014 by introducing a new line of full-spectrum Chroma gaming peripherals. The company launched three new peripherals – BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma, DeathAdder Chroma and Kraken 7.1 Chroma. What Razer basically did is took its most popular peripherals and upgraded them with color-customizable lighting with an open SDK to allow game developers to integrate advanced lighting effects for their games.
Razer launches color-customizable Chroma Gaming Peripherals
Razer will update its 2015/16 line up with the all new Chroma feature including fully customizable and full spectrum lighting with inter device color synchronization. All the customization will be done through Razer Synapse.All three peripherals now feature 16.8 million customizable colors and a range of effects available through the software.
“Our new range of peripherals that feature Chroma customizable backlighting is another step towards full personal customization and to interconnect our gaming tech,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. “Chroma represents more than just multicolor, it opens up limitless personalization options for gamers to play with and we even have a Chroma Software Developer Kit for game developers to integrate their games to provide even more customization in the future.”
Each Chroma enabled device features its own distinct lightning effects. Below is a list of effects available for each device via Razer Synapse:
- Spectrum cycling: Slowly cycles through the entire spectrum of colors for a subtle yet visually stunning look.
- Breathing: Gently pulses in a color of choice every 7 seconds, replicating the steady breathing pattern that is distinct to all Razer mice.
- Static: Pick any color from the selection of 16.8 million options to illuminate the ear cups on your Kraken 7.1, the scroll wheel and Razer logo on your DeathAdder or each individual key on your
- BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma Custom: Effortlessly set the color for each individual key on your Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma through Razer Synapse with your mouse cursor, and create your own kaleidoscope of colors that is unique to you.
- Custom – Preloaded Templates: Preloaded custom lighting templates optimized for FPS, MOBA, MMO and RTS games that give you the unfair advantage regardless of which game you’re playing.
- Reactive: Lights up upon actuation and stays lit in short, medium, or fast mode for a trailing effect, that makes the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma brighter the faster a user types.
- Wave: Animates all colors in a continuous wave of rainbow lights, for a truly energetic and vibrant display of constantly changing colors.
And if you ever get tired of the available lighting effects then you can always download the open SDK for Chroma devices and develop your lighting effects for your desired device. Chroma SDK will be available in September 2014 at Razer’s website.
There is no information on the availability and pricing of Chroma enabled devices as yet. For information, visit the product page.